Welcome home to Grizzly Ranch
The remaining unsold homesites and undeveloped land at Grizzly Ranch, a private gated community near Portola, have been acquired by Grizzly Ranch Investors, LLC (GRI), which is comprised of individual investors committed to the fulfillment of the community's original vision. GRI is a group made up of Grizzly Ranch property owners, associates of property owners and members of the Founders investment group, a group of investors who originally acquired the community's 1,040 acres and initiated development. Several GRI investors also acquired Grizzly Ranch Golf Club in 2012.
Grizzly Ranch Facts
- The community was launched in 2003; its award winning Bob Cupp designed golf course opened for play in 2005.
- It is situated on 1040 acres bounded on two sides by federally protected land and the third side by Big Grizzly Creek. Grizzly Ranch Conservancy is engaged in the restoration of Big Grizzly Creek's habitat.
- The community is approved for 380 homesites of which 293 have been developed and 240 sold to individuals.
- Grizzly Ranch Golf Club was acquired by community homeowners in 2012 and is now available for public play.
- The remaining 425 acres acquired by GRI is approved for up to 87 sites yet to be planned.
- 400 acres have or will be dedicated to open space.
The Grizzly Ranch Conservancy was organized to manage the watershed and jurisdictional waters as designated by the Corps of Engineers and has made habitat restoration on Big Grizzly Creek a high priority. In addition, the mission of the Conservancy is to preserve the unique character and natural environment in and around Grizzly Ranch. The Conservancy is a non-profit organization supported by property owners through a 1% enhancement fee. Its primary function is to manage waterways, wetlands and wildlife habitat on the ranch, ensuring that sound planning and land management practices are upheld.
It also provides property owners of all ages with educational programs, such as nature studies along Big Grizzly Creek, bird watching excursions and wildlife walks. The Conservancy is responsible for protecting the vision of Grizzly Ranch, ensuring that the wild spaces remain unspoiled. Learn more.